How To Fulfill Your Volunteer Requirement:
Every share needs to fill 4 hrs of volunteer time. Distribution shift = 2 hrs. What else can you do?
- Bake something to sell at a future bake sale, date TBD
- Be the point person for this and get double credit if you haven’t done a distribution shift yet
High School for Public Service Farm Day Sept 17th
- High School for Public Service -- help out on the biggest urban farm in Crown Heights, at the High School for Public Service! There is a 1 acre farm in our neighborhood, which is staffed by high school students and run by BK Farmyards. Come help out on the farm and work with neighbors and the youth doing a variety of farm-related tasks. Volunteers help out every other Saturday. If interested contact fran(at)crownheightscsa.org.
Plan a Farm Trip for the Fall !! (2 people or more)
- Be in touch with Karen Lee, find a date, organize transportation and let members know.
Year End/Halloween Party Committee
- Help plan and see through our year end/Halloween Party
- Collect items to be raffled at year end/Halloween Party
Write an article for our Newsletter
(either A or B)
- A) Submit an article about the spirit of the CSA, the neighborhood, or urban food issues
- B) Join us on our one day Newsletter Making Session on Sept 24th, location TBD to put this thing together
Contact Frank at: hebbert(at)gmail.com
- Share your skills and ideas for your veggies during a distribution with a cooking demo. We have the equipment!
Share Information about your Share
- Distribute information about the Share – nutritional info/care for your share/recipes
- Make a flyer and help get the word out about any of the above!
Donate to Year End Toy Drive
- Donate at least 2 toys for teens with a total value of $50 to the CCM Holiday Toy Drive = 2 hours volunteer time
Have another idea? Let us know!!
Unless otherwise noted, please send an email w/ the volunteer work you’re interested in as the Subject Heading to: